Wednesday 2 January 2013

The tale of a little dress.


I wore a dress to work today.

As I waited for the elevator, I felt uneasy. Did I overdressed? Am I over doing it? Well, I am a girl (am I still being called that now that I'm married? Lol! ) and girls do wear dresses aren't they?

The "ding" from the elevator came too soon and broke my reverie. As the elevator climbed higher and higher, my anticipation and uneasiness climbed with me.

Ah, shove it. I'm already here aren't I? Mind over matter. Mind over matter. As I chant to myself. I don't mind, they (their comments) don't matter.

As I bleeped myself in and walked towards my cubicle, the first person commented.

"Wah! A dress?"

"Yeah. New Year mah!" I replied and sat down.

Few minutes later.

"Wah, wear dress wor. First time."

"Yeaps. New Year." Geez. Can't they see I'm trying to do my work here?

A whole hour passed and feeling hungry, I went to the pantry to make tea for myself.

While putting in tea bags into my mug;

"Good morning! Wow! Nice dress!"

"Thanks."

"First time see you in it. Change of fashion sense?"

"Nope. Just to commemorate the New Year."

I quickly finish up making my drink and left hastily.

"Mann.. It's gonna be a long, looonnggg day..." I thought to myself.

I should really learn to accept compliments graciously instead of being embarrassed of them. I still have a long, long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment