Thursday 4 April 2013

A little getting used to.


There were many things that you have gotten used to when you were in a relationship, but changes occurred and you will need time to re-adjust and get to use to again after marriage.

Right.

What's with the confusing and long-winded opening.

I wasn't in a very longggggggg relationship with the hubs before we decided to get hitched. But like the i-have-totally-forgotten-where-i-have-read-this-from article said that human beings are able to adapt to new things if done repetitively for a full 7 days routine. Don't quote me, I don't even remember where I read that!

So.

There are still a few things that I may need (more) time to adjust myself to after saying said "I do".

#1 - Addressing the bf as hubs

This is uber difficult!!!

It used to be "my bf" this and "my bf" that. Now whenever I wanted to say something that he have done or whatever that is related to him, I always, always(!!) says "my b... err.. hubs.."

Hey brains! Remember that!

#2 - Addressing the elderlies

If calling your husband as husband hard, you wouldn't want to go thereee with the in-laws.

Imagine:

You were back in hometown and upon arriving at the doorstep of your husband's parents' house, they were there standing at the front door welcoming your hubs and you.

Being Asians, we were required to greet the elderlies first.

So.

The first word you uttered was, "Hello au.. mum. Hello di."

Srsly?

I rest my case.

#3 - Rings


You know? Those small little trinkets that costs a bomb? Some plain donut looking, some encrusted with so many blings it may blind your eyes or even some squared-shaped? Yea. Those were rings.

Being married, you are required to wear one (or two for the ladies) on your left hand, ring finger.

The thing is, I'm almost always so forgetful that I kept forgetting to wear em'!

As for the hubs, well his ring is practically living in the box wtf.

No, we have no intention to mislead anyone in the process of giving false sense of singlehood.

Mabs
Proof that I DO wear my rings. *if I ever remembers them*
So.

If you don't know already, HEY I'M MARRIED!!

2 comments: