Saturday 6 April 2013

Qingming.

It was a cloudless, gloomy morning. I woken slightly earlier on a Saturday just for this. It is as if I will be going on a field trip with my family. Or perhaps on a road trip to the other state to visit a distant relative.

I started the day with normal activities and enjoyed breakfast alone at the local kopitiam.

Everything is serene. Calm. Including me.

This year I did not particularly felt anxious going where I am going. Nor slight excitement. Not indifferent either. Just the thought that I am doing what I am supposed to do.

Paying respect. Filial piety.

As I have lots of time to kill, I drove rather slowly, just to enjoy the scenery and views on the way there.

The place was packed to the brim when I arrived. However, I parked my car and walked aimlessly around, soaking in the views, the people, the trees and lakes.

Then I caught glimpses of lotus flowers (also known as Nelumbo nucifera) overgrown on a man-made lake.

I walked over to be nearer to the pond and took pictures of 'em. As many pictures that I have taken, all turned out the same. I cannot possibly get a clear picture of the center of the lotus. It is a little frustrating really.

On the other hand, the "glow" in the center of the flower does look captivating.. Perhaps the flowers are shy.. They don't want to show what is inside of them..

06042013 - Lotus 1


06042013 - Lotus 2

I will miss yous. Both of you. You will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment