Monday 15 April 2013

百星酒店

The hubs and I are not frequent movie-goers like any other couples out there. It is usually either there is an occasion or that particular movie is what he or I had waited to watch.

The funny thing is that although I married a chinese, he really is a Westerner in an Asian body, srsly. His cantonese is horrendous, mandarin is neither here nor there and don't even start on other chinese dialects such as hakka, hokkien or whatnots. However all these applied to his speaking skills only. His listening skills passed with flying colors. Lol.

Throughout all the years I have known, dated and eventually married him, we have never watch a single chinese movie in the cinema. Srsly.

We mainly watch animations and english shows. Mostly action-packed english movies. Hmn.. Worth more meh?

But!

This year in February, we went out with my family for dinner because it was my mum's birthday. We went to Morganfield's in Pavilion and after that catch a movie there.

The brother wanted to watch Hotel Deluxe (百星酒店) and I asked him to ask the hubs if he wanted to join. Manatau this brother of mine just go ahead and purchase the tickets without asking the hubs.

Oh well. Luckily the hubs just went along with the plan. I was afraid that the hubs may not want to watch as the movie was a chinese show.

The show was quite funny. However all the funny parts are easily forgotten right after you step a foot out of the cinema. I think it is quite hard to find good chinese movies already these days. Mostly all are entertaining but doesn't leave any lasting memories.

I hope that there will be more good quality chinese shows out there please. So that I will feel it is worthwhile to travel to the nearest cinema...


This sums up our first movie for the 2013 year.

No comments:

Post a Comment